This creamy tomato soup is perfect for starting a meal. Tomatoes, a carrot, onion, garlic, and vegetable broth combine to make a tasty soup that will be appreciated by all guests around the table.
Creamy Tomato Soup
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 2
- 1/2 cup fresh and ripe tomatoes, cut into pieces
- 1 (796 ml) can diced tomatoes
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1/2 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup 15% cream
- drizzle of olive oil
- fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/3 cup small croutons of roasted bread with olive oil
- salt flowers and freshly ground pepper
- Drizzle olive oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and carrot; caramelize.
- Stir in fresh tomato and chopped garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Add the diced tomato, with the juice, and stir everything.
- Add vegetable broth and simmer for 10 to 15 minutes over low heat. Finish by adding the cream and adjust the seasoning. Mix together and cook for 5 minutes.
- For the dressing, pour a portion of tomato cream in each of the soup plates, sprinkle with croutons, freshly chopped basil leaves, and lemon zest. Finish with a light drizzle of olive oil and a few grains of fleur de sel.